View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:50 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 [Release]Trinity Rendering Engine 

Post [Release]Trinity Rendering Engine
CastleBravo Is until Notice no longer an active member of HLZ and will be presumed to not be updating nor supporting this any longer. It is released freely under LGPL license. Do as you please.
All other posts have been deleted due to arguing. -Doommarine23

So the unexpected has come. I've finally decided to open source the renderers I've been doing for pretty much three years now. I'm pretty sure most of those who view this will be aware what the renderer engine is, but if not, just download the package and read through the contents.

This decision came as I was nearing completion, to be honest I had done pretty much all I wanted to do and I didn't have the ambition to add anything else, nor the space with the format base and OpenGL's horrible shader support. So it's released for everyone to use, I hope you have great use of it and have a happy happy joy joy time.Also his means that all the current renderer using mods will be free to do as they want, but also I won't be working on this anymore at all, so they can't expect any support. With this I'm finally done with anything related to the modding community.

Please don't forget to credit the respective authors if you use this. A full list of credits can be found in the SDK Release documentation in the archive. I'm releasing this under the GNU Lesser General Public License.

UPDATE: There was a change in calls outside the renderer base files. This change was done in entity.cpp, the call to SetupVIS was moved to view.cpp, the V_CalcRefDef function because view origin info wasn't available before that function it seems, and that was responsible for a single frame skip of rendering. Be sure to check the two files and make sure your code matches with the latest. The easy way is to just copy over all the core renderer files listed in the Crucial Files text file. This way you can be sure you have the latest version.

This is the final release and contains most of the bugfixes that were asked for here. The latest version is v1.4final. Be sure you have the latest files for the engine to function properly.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=CE9CC3FB ... 20AB9A!161

Feel free to come here and ask questions.
Andrew Lucas.

I'm finally free of this forever.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB

Edit:
Okay, if anybody using this finds some kind of bug, or graphical error, just send a picture and a detailed description to:
boeschitt@hotmail.com

Your requests will be listened to and your problems fixed. Keep on checking the skydrive link for any new uploads.

Send any e-mails to boeschitt@hotmail.com

Last edited by CastleBravo on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:43 am, edited 7 times in total.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:08 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]